Sunday 18 June 2017

Task 7: Music Video Analysis

Task 1:



Why I chose these videos:
Other that the videos being three different genres, I chose the videos I chose because they all have different elements. For example, Maroon 5 has lots of small details and mise en scene in oder to produce an effective storyline and narrative for the video. This makes the video so much more entertaining to watch as well as supporting a strong narrative. I also chose the Panic! song because it used a very uncommon and interesting camera shot. I haven't seen many POV camera angles so it was very interesting to analyse. Lastly, I chose a K-pop song, despite having no interest or liking towards the genre because K-pop is extremely well known for it's amazing editing techniques and small and strange details. By analysing all these videos, I am am able to make links between videos, for example, they all use close up or low shots to show power, and i am also able to see how different cultures effect the music video. For example, the Western videos I analysed were very story based and had a narrative surrounding low and murder. However, the K-pop song had lots of strange scenes that weren't 100% relatable to the lyrics, as well as putting more effort into editing techniques and in sync dance moves than it was story driven.

Video links:

       K-Pop: Monster                             Maroon 5: Animals                       Panic!: DTMWAGT
      

Task 2:
Task 7 from Charlotte Bancroft on Vimeo.

Task 3:
Copy of Small Business Sale Flyer template
Copy of Sale Flyer
 



What Have I Learnt?

From this, I have learnt that visuals are very important in a music video. The visuals either tell a short narrative or are performance based and are there for entertainment. By creating a video, it is easier to picture the video/story while listening to the song. After analyzing many different types of music video elements, I think the narrative and performance based narrative may be one of the easiest to film, as well as being the most common type of music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment