Friday 30 June 2017

Task 11/12: Photoshoot and Re-make of an Album

Panic! At The Disco Album Remake:


Original Album:


My Remake: 


How Did I Remake This Album?

  • Firstly, I started by having a photoshoot of my friend. I had him pose similar to the pose of Brendon, then using the camera on my phone, I took a few photos. In the end, I ended up using this photo as my base:


  • I took this photo and using the lasso tool on photoshop, I cut my friend out of the photo and and onto a blank background. I then went onto google images to try and find a high quality photo of a desert with buildings in the background. However, I could not find a background that was similar to the original album. Because of this, I had to create my own background. I used a image of a desert and a .PNG of some buildings in order to photoshop the buildings into the distance of the desert photo. To do this, I edited the buildings so they are small and semi-opaque. I then used the liquidfication tool too take the sharpness out of the corners of the buildings and to try and blend the base of the buildings with the floor of the desert. In the end I ended up with this photo:

  • I then photoshopped my background with my base image in order to make it look like Kieran was in the background. I then added a few filters and effects in order to get the dull grey colour. 

























  • The hardest part of re-creating this album was the rainbow smoke that is seen coming from Brendon's cigarette. At first I struggled to re-create this as I tried to colour in a .png of smoke. However, I soon discovered that it would be easier to create a rainbow layer and merge it with the smoke.


  • I used the lasso tool to cut out the smoke and then I proceeded to add a feather effect to the edges of the smoke so it looked more natural and smoke like, instead of a sharp cut. 


What Have I Learnt?
From this I have learnt a few new photoshop skills. I feel slightly more confident making my digipak as it will be my own work, I won't have to re-create anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment