Friday 3 November 2017

Advanced Edits and cuts:


Editing Techniques:
Cuts from Charlotte Bancroft on Vimeo.

What Went Well:

  • The editing techniques were interesting and required different levels of skill to edit, e.g, the text message animation took a lot of time and editing on other applications (Adobe After Effects).
  • The spin from one outfit into another worked better than first anticipated - It is almost a seamless transition, however, small details such as positioning while spinning are slightly noticeable. 
  •   Match on action shots are smooth, e.g, bringing hands to face to move hair for the next shot. It matched perfectly, and improved continuity. 
  • Range of shots e.g, close ups, wide shots, over shoulder shots, angled shots e.c.t
  • Considering this whole thing was filmed by one person, things such as lighting, object positioning and camera angling, the footage turned out well.


What Could Be Improved:

  • Slight continuity errors: The hair flip shot + Changing Make up shot - Due to filming this on my own, I would have to start the camera on my own, do make up on my own and try to position myself of my own. Also my camera can only record for short periods of time meaning I couldn't record while changing hair/make up, meaning continuity was harder to sustain as I would have to constantly get up to start and stop the camera, which made my positioning change slightly for the hair flip. If perhaps I had more people to help, I would have been easier to keep continuity. 
  • Lighting: over time lighting begins to shift slightly - this is because it took a few hours to film + re-shoots. The natural lighting provided when I first started filming disappeared and I had to turn on my room light in order to keep things well lit.
  • Focusing: Some shots are more in focus than others - I had to focus that camera before I started filming but this was without me being in the shot, so as I entered the shot the focus would shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment