Tuesday 14 November 2017

Task 23: Branding

Logo Inspiration:

I looked at a few popular indie bands / indie rock bands and attempted to find a few common conventions/idea that I would be able to use when making my brand logo. After a bit of research, I found a few band logos.




When looking at the Marooned logo, I really took a liking to the scruffy font and how it stands out against the black background. It certainly gives off a rock vibe and when comparing this font to my chosen font, you can see a few similarities.



 I really like the black circle around the Arctic Monkeys. It makes the font stand out but it also gives it a smooth shape and fully completes the logo. This is something I would attempt to do with my logo as I like the idea of having my font more prominent from a black background.




And finally, the thing I like about Bastille's logo is the A that has been replaced with a triangle. This, while still looking aesthetically pleasing, promotes the indie pop/rock genre that their music fits into.




Creating My Own logo:

         



Other final products:








My Final Brand Logo: 


I really love the look of this logo. It's circular shape gives it a pleasing shape that is soft and will stand out against any album cover. I also love the white curved line that cuts across the black background, giving the impression of the rising sun, which links to the name as it is before dawn. Lastly, I make the font transparent. I did this because I like the idea of the text always being the same colour as the album cover. For example, if the cover was multicoloured, the logo would capture all these colours and stand out. It also offers variation as the colour/design of the font will always be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment